JW has been involved in the Yelm community in many ways: coaching youth sports teams, volunteering with the Yelm Community Schools Career and Technical Education program, Yelm Lions Club, the Rotary Club of Yelm, and the Dollars for Scholars committee. He served as Board President of the Nisqually Land Trust for 7 years and he and wife Nicki still volunteer regularly with that local conservation organization.
JW feels that his over-arching responsibility as Mayor is to help keep Yelm a safe, happy, healthy home for all!
Committee Assignments and Regional Involvement:
· Yelm Community & Economic Development Committee
· Yelm Public Safety Committee
· Yelm Public Works Committee
· Yelm Finance Committee
· Vice-Chair - Thurston Regional Planning Council Thurston Regional Planning Council
· Member - South Sound Military and Community Partnership, Elected Officials Council
· Chair – Yelm Community Schools General Advisory Committee on Career and Technical Ed.
· Representative – Community Investment Partnership
· Board Member – Risk Management Services Agency (Assoc. of Wa. Cities Insurance Pool)