Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
The LTAC Committee is comprised of citizens involved in the tourism industry. It is their mission to distribute lodging taxes to support special events and festivals that attract tourists to the City of Yelm.
The Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the City Council for a final funding award. The City Council may approve recommendations from the LTAC Committee and may only grant lodging tax awards for projects, activities and events that have been recommended for funding.
If you have a new event or festival that qualifies for Lodging Tax funds and are interested in having your event in the City of Yelm, please complete the Funding and Application Form. Recipients must submit a Lodging Tax Final Report and an Invoice for LTAC Funding, along with any associated documents to report on the outcomes of your event.
2023 Lodging Tax Funding Program is Now Open
Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. to be considered for funding in 2023.
The application process is open all year. All applications submitted after March 1st each year will be considered for the following year funding.
Yelm's Lodging Tax Fund is the primary source of City funding for events, activities, operations, and expenditures that are designed to increase tourism. The Application is here.
The LTAC Committee allocated up to $40,000 to be made available as grants to the 2023 Lodging Tax Fund applicants.
- Applications are due by March 1st at 5:00pm
- The LTAC will meet during the first two weeks of March each year to review applications and approve a funding package to present to the City Council (2023 meeting dates: March 7 & March 10 if a second meeting is needed)
- The funding package will be presented to the City Council at the first regular meeting in April each year (2023: April 11)
- Applications for funding for the 2024 cycle can be submitted any time after March 1.
Who may apply?
State Law authorizes the City of Yelm to distribute Lodging Tax Funds to eligible non-profit and government organizations to promote tourism projects, activities, and events in the City of Yelm that attract tourists.
*Any applications received after March 1, 2022 at 5:00pm will not be considered for 2023 funding. After March 1st, we will accept applications for events and funding for the 2024 budget year.
Current members of the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee are:
- Joe DePinto, Mayor, Elected Official
- Shelley Nicholson, Activities authorized to be funded by revenue.
- Denise Hibblen, Business required to collect tax.
- Margaret Clapp, Business required to collect tax.
- Clay Williams, Activities authorized to be funded by revenue.
The five members of the Committee are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council to serve a four year term.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Commission, please complete an application.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Descending Order within category
2020-2021 LTAC Documents4 documents
2018-2019 LTAC Documents15 documents
- 2018-19 LTAC Applications Recieved
- LTAC APP COY PUMPPARK 08 30 18.pdf
- LTAC APP COY WAYFINDINGSIGNS 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP EXPOLYANDBEYOND 08 29 18.pdf
- LTAC APP TRIADARTSTHEATER 06 14 18.pdf
- LTAC APP TRIADTHEATER 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP UFOFESTANDCOSMICSYMP 06 14 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMCHAMBER BBQEVENT 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMCHAMBER SIGNSTOYELM 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMJAZZINPARK 08 23 18.pdf
- LTACAPP YELMANNUALUFOFESTIVAL 08 31 18.pdf
- November 8, 2018 LTAC Agenda
- November 8, 2018 LTAC Meeting Minutes
- November 14, 2018 LTAC Meeting Minutes
- Public Notice for November 8, 2018 LTAC