Public Invited to Learn About a Roundabout Planned for SR 507 near Yelm
Public invited to learn about a roundabout planned for SR 507 near Yelm
Online open house can be visited anytime through March 24
YELM – Beginning Thursday, March 9, community members can learn more about safety improvements in southeastern Thurston County on State Route 507 in an online open house.
The Washington State Department of Transportation plans to replace the existing “T” intersection on SR 507 at Vail Road SE with a new single-lane roundabout.
Studies show roundabouts help reduce the likelihood and severity of crashes while also keeping people moving. WSDOT routinely reviews intersections in rural areas on the state highway system to find ways to reduce potential collisions.
Public feedback received during the online open house will help finalize the design of the roundabout.
SR 507 at Vail Road SE roundabout open house information
When: Thursday, March 9 to Friday, March 24, 2023
Details: Participants will learn about safety needs for the project, timeline and next steps. The online open house can be visited anytime day or night that best fits in with a person’s schedule.
Access for participation
Free Wi-Fi access is available through the Timberland Regional Library system for people who wish to participate in the online open house but do not have broadband service:
- Yelm Timberland Library, 210 Prairie Park Street, Yelm
- Hawks Prairie Timberland Library, 8205 Martin Way, Suite B, Lacey
- Tenino Timberland Library, 172 West Central Avenue, Tenino
Additional Wi-Fi Hotspots are available via the Washington State Department of Commerce website: www.commerce.wa.gov/building-infrastructure/washington-state-drive-in-wifi-hotspots-location-finder/.
Hyperlinks within the release
- An online open house: engage.wsdot.wa.gov/sr-507-vail-road-roundabout/
- SR 507 at Vail Road SE: wsdot.wa.gov/construction-planning/search-studies/sr-507-roundabout-pre-design-study
- Roundabouts: wsdot.wa.gov/travel/traffic-safety-methods/roundabouts
- Timberland Regional Library System: trl.org
- Washington State Department of Commerce: commerce.wa.gov/building-infrastructure/washington-state-drive-in-wifi-hotspots-location-finder/