The City of Yelm is currently looking to fill the position of Building Inspector. This position performs a variety of routine and complex technical work in building review and inspections to insure
compliance with building and related codes and standards. Interprets and enforces adopted codes and related rules and regulations. Job Description
How to apply: Print the complete City of Yelm application. Submit application along with a letter of interest and resume to:
Karen Bennett, HR Specialist, 106 2nd St SE, Yelm, WA 98597, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Police Department Opportunities:
The City of Yelm utilizes the services of Public Safety Testing for individuals interested in pursuing a career with the Yelm Police Department as an Entry Level Officer only. Public Safety Testing administers a written and physical test for entry level applicants. Lateral Positions are all processed directly through the City of Yelm Civil Service Commission and all applications are made directly through the City. Testing for a Lateral Police Officer position will consist of an oral board and Chief's interview. If you have additional questions or concerns about this process, please contact the City of Yelm Civil Service Examiner at is 360-458-3835, or send an email.
- Lateral Police Officer - Continuous Opening
The City of Yelm is seeking applications from 'Lateral Police Officer Candidates' to fill future vacancies and openings
- Compensation: $68,568 - $77,172 per year, for contract year 2020 and $70,272 - $79, 104 for contract year 2020
- Closing Date: Applications are accepted continuously. Applications will be reviewed for current opening on June 21, 2019.
- Application Process: Lateral Police Officer Applications can be picked up in person at Yelm City Hall, or downloaded from the City Website, or requested by email. If you have further questions, please call City of Yelm Civil Service Examiner, Ashlee Sund, at 360-458-3835. Please note the Lateral Policer Officer application is different than the standard City of Yelm job application. Applicants must fill out the Lateral Police Officer Application.
- Lateral Qualifications: One year of continuous employment as a fully commissioned Law Enforcement Officer within the past 24 months.
- Posted: May14, 2019
- Reserve Police Officer
The Yelm Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position(s) of Reserve Police Officer. Selected applicants would begin the Reserve Police Academy in 2019. Successful applicants will need to complete a thorough background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, a Polygraph and Psychological examination. Applications can be obtained and submitted at the Yelm Police Department front desk, Monday-Friday, at 206 McKenzie Avenue SE, Yelm WA.
"Notice under the Americans with Disabilities Act"
"Title VI Plan- Nondiscrimination Agreement"