Lodging Tax Community Events Grant
2022 Lodging Tax Community Events Grant Program is Now Open
Applications are due May 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Yelm’s Lodging Tax Fund is the primary source of City funding for events, activities, operations, and expenditures that are designed to increase tourism. The application is available here.
The LTAC Committee allocated up to $12,000 to be made available as grants to the 2022 Lodging Tax Fund applicants.
- Applications are be due by May 31st at 5:00 PM.
- The LTAC will review applications the first week of June, during a public meeting that will be held at City Hall.
- At the June 14th City Council meeting, City Council will take action to approve the grant award recommendations of the LTAC members
Who May Apply?
State Law authorizes the City of Yelm to distribute Lodging Tax Funds to eligible non-profit and government organizations to promote tourism projects, activities and events in City of Yelm (for-profit businesses are not eligible to receive lodging tax funds) that attract tourists.
Allowable uses of funds, per RCW 67.28:
- Tourism promotion and marketing
- Operating and marketing special events and festivals to attract tourists
- Operating costs and capital expenditures for tourism-related facilities owned or operated by government entities or nonprofit organizations
As a result of State Legislative changes made in the 2013 session, all applications must include estimates of how funding the activity will result in increases to people staying overnight, travelling 50 miles or more, or coming from another state or country. To ensure this data is collected, the City is now required to have applicants provide additional information in the lodging tax application. Please see the online application on the City of Yelm’s website for details.
Funding of the program and specific awards are dependent on recommendations of the City’s LTAC. The LTAC will receive all applications and recommend a list of candidates and funding levels that will be presented to the Yelm City Council for final determination. Funds will be awarded on a competitive basis.
All Lodging Tax Funds are dispersed AFTER approved events, programs or project occurs, NOT before.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Kathy Linnemeyer by phone at (360) 458-8816 or by email at email@example.com.